CDESS is seeking a full-time Research Assistant for at least one year, beginning in July 2017. The Research Assistant (RA) will assist with the daily operations of research projects in the fields of economics, including topics on labour market, migration, education, and social policy. The most important task of the Research Assistant will be to use statistical software to work with large data sets. This work will involve the cleaning and development of data files as well as using econometric analysis to analyze the data. A background in statistical programming (STATA preferred) and a basic understanding of economics/econometrics is strongly encouraged. The RA is expected to have strong critical thinking and writing skills to assist with drafting of manuscripts, presentations, and grant proposals. The RA will also participate in team meetings, conduct literature reviews, and assist with data use applications, and progress reports.
We offer a unique work environment with excellent development opportunities, and a competitive benefit package.
TO APPLY: Please send an email no later than 30 June 2017 to Amina Tabakovic (email@example.com) with a single PDF document attached, named “[Lastname, Firstname] RA Application” containing the following materials:
1. A cover letter describing:
– Your interest in this position,
– Your familiarity with programming languages (e.g., Stata, SPSS, R),
– Any prior experience as a research assistant and/or with independent research projects (e.g. a thesis)
– Names, e-mail addresses, and phone numbers of 2-3 references. If written reference letters are available, please ask them to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. An original research paper or other writing sample.
Short-listed applicants will be invited to an interview.