CDESS invites applications for its Internship Programme. CDESS internship program provides students with a unique and expansive research experience that introduces all aspects of social science research and includes supported exploration of a research query from start to finish, data management training, and focused methodological education in quantitative research. Interns learn about the various activities and research projects of CDESS, have access to the CDESS library and various publications, participate in CDESS events and meetings, and thus gain an insight into the interdisciplinary work done within the social sciences. They will have the opportunity to interact with eminent researcher in the social sciences, establish key contacts, and build on their knowledge and skills in the social sciences, as well as in project management.
Eligibility and requirements
- Be graduates (in their final year of study), postgraduates or young professionals (under 35 years of age) in the field of economics or other social sciences;
- Be familiar with statistical analysis, and understand the general process of scientific research;
- Have good verbal and written knowledge of English;
- Have good computer skills.
Tasks performed by interns vary according to the needs and ongoing projects of CDESS; typically they include the following:
- background research/literature reviews
- data management and analysis
- academic manuscript preparation
- Drafting reports and minutes, editing documents
- Updating the CDESS website, web editing, social media/blogging
- Carrying out general administrative tasks
- Organising and attending meetings, workshops or conferences
Terms and conditions
Internships can be arranged throughout the year; the length of an internship may vary from a minimum of 1 month to a maximum of 4 months. Internships are unpaid; however, interns will be offered free accommodation, office space, training program, and access to library.
How to apply
Applicants are invited to send a letter of motivation (specifying preferred CDESS research areas/projects of interest), along with a full CV (both in English), to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Previous interns at CDESS
Aldina Rastoder, International Burch University, Sarajevo: August – November 2016